Last updated: January 26, 2018
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Information Collection
A. Information You Provide.
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may collect information you provide directly via the Service. For example, we collect information when you register an account, make a purchase, sign-up for our newsletter, access our content, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service.
The information we collect may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination), such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, postal address and payment card information. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Service, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.
B. Information Collected Automatically
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, device fingerprinting, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behaviour.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain longer. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as "internet tags" or "clear gifs," embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies: Location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
C. Information from Other Sources
3. Use of Information
- Manage the Service, including your registration and account;
- Process and facilitate your transactions;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve the Service or other proprietary websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events we think you may be interested in; and
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
4. Disclosure of Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including Personal Information and Usage Information, in connection with their work on our behalf. These Service Providers are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes:
- To comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any third party;
- In connection with a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Indian Horse Productions (BC) Inc. and/or Indian Horse Productions (ON) Inc. or any of the business or assets or shares of such company or a division thereof
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
5. Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties that may require submitting Personal Information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law. By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
6. Third Party Services, Features and Devices
The Service contains content from and hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”). In addition, the Service contains features that allow you interact with, connect to, or access the Service through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you interact with a Third Party Service when you “like” or “share” content over social media through the Service. Remember that third parties may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you. Also, if you use a Third Party Feature, both we and the applicable third party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the Third Party Feature.
The Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services, such as Google Analytics, may use Tracking Technologies on the Service to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies on the Service and Third Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party device after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
7. Your Choices
A. Accessing your Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by sending an e-mail address below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B. Tracking Technologies Generally
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
With your permission, we may, from time to time, use your Personal Information to send to you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information and communications that may be of interest to you. At any time, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by sending your request to the email address below or by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
8. Data Security
To protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, we maintain administrative, technical and physical protection measures to prevent unauthorized access to or use, alteration or disclosure of the personal information in our custody and under our control. We will only retain personal information to the extent that it remains necessary or relevant for the above-mentioned purposes or as required by law. Unfortunately, notwithstanding the foregoing, you should know that no transmission of data via the internet can be totally guaranteed or secure. Consequently, we cannot represent, justify or guarantee that your personal information will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration during transmission, and we do not accept any liability concerning personal information transmitted by you which third parties might use or misuse if this information is intercepted during transmission via the internet.
9. International Transfer
10. Children's Privacy
By using this the Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence ("Age of Majority").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone that is under the Age of Majority (“Minors”). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we will take the necessary steps to remove that information from our servers.
12. Right to Opt-Out / Contact Us
INDIAN HORSE PRODUCTIONS (BC) & (ON) INC. - P.O. BOX 19626, VANCOUVER, BC V5T 4E7